Lauderdale Comics is looking for an Assistant Manager!
Lauderdale Comics, located at 1929 S. Federal Hwy Ft. Lauderdale, seeks a full-time worker to be an Assistant Manager.
About Lauderdale Comics:
Founded in 2015, Lauderdale Comics, is Ft. Lauderdale’s only Comics Lounge. More than just a “comic book store,” Lauderdale Comics is a modern, industrial space where customers are encouraged to hang out, debate the latest issues in the world of comics, read a new graphic novel, or play D&D with their buddies.
Lauderdale Comics brings a chill, lounge environment for enjoying the best of pop culture. Comfortable seating and large, sunlit windows provide the perfect venue for an urban getaway.
Assistant Manager Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with all store functions and day-to-day store activities as directed by the Store Manager
• Able to perform all opening and closing procedures in the absence of the Store Manager
• Assist the Store Manager in protecting and securing all company assets, including store cash
• Adhere to all policies and procedures including safety guidelines
• Maintain a professional and friendly environment with customers, subordinates and supervisors
• Maintain all areas of the store, including the stockroom and sales floor, to company standards to include recovery
• When the Store Manager is not on the premises, direct supervisory responsibility for all hourly Associates
• Assist the Store Manager in ensuring proper staffing coverage on a daily basis
• Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that the sales floor is sales effective on a daily basis
• Assist in the management of cashiering activities to ensure all company cash handling practices & guidelines are followed at all times by all Associates
• Assist in the management of store supplies and expense control
• Prefer 2+ years of Supervisor/Management Experience
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills
• Exceptional Customer Service Skills
• Comic Book Knowledge
• Barista/Restaurant Experience
• Ability to stand for periods of time
• Ability to lift boxes up to 40 lbs. for short periods of time
• Have reliable transportation
• Open availability preferred
• Non-Smoker preferred
• Fun work environment
• Discount on purchases
• Get to go to conventions
• Meet amazing people
• Flexible hours
If you wish to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Melissa, the Store Manager at Melissa@Lauderdalecomics.com. Please feel free to contact us via email if you have questions about the position.